Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fantasy

So I really want to be an old school diplomat. My fantasy pretty much looks like this:

Click to enlarge

I don't really care who I am, provided I get to wear a sash. Now maybe you can understand my glee at finding out the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna was previously known as the 'Oriental Academy' and the 'Imperial Consular Academy.' The fact that diplomats don't wear sashes anymore seriously hinders my desire to be one.

Next Time: Why barristers are better than lawyers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'VE SEEN THIS PAINTING! I'VE SEEN THIS PAINTING! this makes me feel special. i also took a picture of a statue of repin in some random corner of moscow. ne znayo pochemu, but it seemed like the thing to do at the time

Anonymous said...

p.s. i would totally take any job where i got to wear a sash.