Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Scary

So I had a bit of a scary moment at the super market today. I had ran in to quickly get two things and the there was only one register open so the line was extremely long. Then another register opened, which I conveniently missed and only noticed when everyone behind me suddenly disappeared. So I jumped lines too. Then for a while I was playing the "I switched lines, will I beat the person in my spot in the other lines, race! race! game" [note: this is not the scary part of the story] until I was about two people away from paying. Then the guy at the front of the line was getting ready to pay when -BOOM- he collapses. Oddly, I don't think I've ever seen anyone feint before. It wasn't how I imagined it. He dropped really fast, not at all in the soap opera diva gentling feinting into somebody's arms way. I mean -BOOM- and then his eyes started moving up and down. Yeah, I had no idea what to do. Fortunately other people there did, one guy immediately put something into the other guy's mouth (to keep him from swallowing his tongue?) another guy was at this side and two people were on the phone with emergency services (I think must have had them on speed dial). Then about thirty second later the guy who had fallen got up dusted himself off in a way that would almost make you think nothing had happened...except you know he was bleeding from his head (fun reminder of my own head wound, which still freaks me out). So he walked over to the office to wait for an ambulance and everybody got back to normal. Most people didn't even act like anything had happened. Except for me and the guy with blood all over his hand from helping the guy. I think he had the better excuse.

No comments: