Sunday, May 27, 2007

Keep on Truckin

I feel like I have spent more of this weekend on the train than in real places. After a solid 15 hours of train travel on Friday, I made it to L'viv in Ukraine (where my Grandma's family hails from!)...at 5:00 in the morning. After a solid day and a half there (pictures and analysis to come when I am back in Vienna), it was time for another solid 8 hours of train travel to make it back to Cracow (fortunately to be able to get off the train and spend the night). Cracow is very nice. I can sort of understand Polish from Russian and constantly debate whether it is better or worse to use Russian or just act like every other tourist and use English (I tend to go with English and try and avoid the language of the former opressor). Also, there must be Easy Jet or Ryan Air flight to here, because there are loads of Brits. I think low cost air travel in single handedly destroying the image of the British as a civilized cultured people.

No comments: