Thursday, January 10, 2008

And They're Off!


So after a glorious one day delay for me, the second semester of law school got off to a roaring start. The classes are earlier, there are more of them, but I have a much better idea of what I need to do on my end so it really isn't too worrying. Grades are starting to come out so most people are in a situation akin to a demonic version of slots where the stakes are high and it takes forever to get the results. I really do wish everyone the best.

I'll look when they are all in. I am willing to be frustrated, depressed, elated once over all of this and that's it.

I had a really good talk today with a woman in my new international legal writing class. I was explaining my philosophy about law school, the jist of which I am neither living for law school nor willing to stop living for it. If I were a coked up rocker type that might be a problem, but for me it seems to work. Still, the woman had really good insight as an older student with a husband and some experience under her belt. Her meaning: I like my life, gonna keep it, I just want a career and I am doing this for me. Couldn't agree more.

I have a lot of young professors this term which is a big change from last year. One had what seemed to be a Russian last name and a very funky accent. Turns out he is Australian, though after consultation with my Russians we think he is probably Croatian (which would make sense considering a huge chunk of the Australian world cup team is/was Croatian). So yes, an Australian accent with Croatian overtones.

I think that is pretty much it. I am trying not to over commit myself as I am always tempted to do at the start of the semester. I seem a bit ahead of the game when it comes to applying for summer internships which is nice, especially since even if I don't get my first choice I will be doing something cool this summer. Pretty much just more of the boring same. Pretty happy and feel relatively on top of things. I'll ride that wave for as long as it lasts.


1 comment:

Alexia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.