Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Joy

According to some artist, this is what joy looks like. Her joy sort of scares the crap out of me, but really who am I to judge?

I am really doing smashingly for some reason. I had an absolutely great break. I was able to do a lot fo fun things and just felt like I was able to make the most of living in New York.

I just feel really in control of my life for some reason. Not that I don't think there will be any surprises or that nothing bad will happen, just that I am pretty content with my lot and life and happy to play even the weaker hands life sometimes deals me.

I am reading some great books. I started up with French again tonight, discovering I could still speak it, and it looks like I will be able to continue with Russian as well.

I am applying for loads of stuff for the summer. Trying to do about an application a day. I don;t expect to get the vast majority of the stuff, but it seems likely that I will be able to get something I think is pretty cool and abroad which would make for a great summer.

So the semester is staring up again, but I am feeling pretty good about it. I feel like I have a plan and with good friends, fun, and intellectual stimulation I am feeling pretty contented.

Pretty good start for the new year.

No comments: