Saturday, October 27, 2007

Work

I am trying to work more. I need to, but I also like how I feel when I have done a lot. Unfortunately, I don't like the feeling when I am just starting. Oh my mighty dilemma.

also,

Went to China Town today for lunch with friends. Despite the rain, it was extremely pleasant. I have not been to China Town in a very long time (I used to have a grudge against China Town having grown up in an Italian-American family the bemoaned China Town's swallowing of little Italy, which got smaller every time we went with my grandfather to his favorite restaurant), but I really enjoyed it today. There are a lot cool little shops, and though people stop and ask you if you want a rolex or a handbag, it doesn't feel too much like a third world country (horrible thing to say? Maybe).

Anyway, good times. I am genuinely very happy to be back in New York. Life isn't always easy, but I like the people I meet and I feel very much at home. It is the right place for me to be right now.

No comments: