Sunday, September 24, 2006

My First Austrian Friend

So I made my first real Austrian friend today. She was cute, blonde, and full of energy. She was also about six years old. I fear others will not equal her.

I was sitting in the Museumsquartier (a big sort of courtyard with loads of museums and free wireless which is why I am here) where she came up to me and asked me why I had a computer. I told her so I could read things, but by then she'd already moved into indentifying the letters on my keyboard (the computer was definitely way cooler than me). She did pretty well, which is more than I can say for some other people who have sat down to my computer and been bewildered by the doubled up Cyrillic and Latin letters on every key. Also, and I respect this, she had no problem with confidently telling me a 'D' was a 'P' and then defending her claim. I think she could have taken me.

No comments: