Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Time Keeps on Slipping

T-minus twelve days till I leave for Vienna.

I feel like I am living in a haunted house right now. I'm home, but everyone else is gone (including the dogs) and there are lots of unexplained noises. Basically, my life is like a bad episode of Scooby Doo (granted an improvement). Its sort of fun, and I get to think things like, "hmm If I died doing this it would probably be days before anyone noticed." Its sort of like when I pulled a rib muscle and thought that I was having a heart attack...for a whole month. Still though I don't fear death, because that would mean I wouldn't have to take the lsat.

So this is a fun entry. Upbeat, full of death, something for everybody. Fortunately, nobody reads these. Yeah so death, lets run with that theme. I don't really mind it in my case. If I were dead I certainly wouldn't have to do anything about it, I mean decay sure, but that's pretty easy. Mike might end up dissecting me for his anatomy class and my fat might leak out, which would be awkward.

I still fondly recall (read: am haunted by) a dinner conversation I was a passively party to when I was ten. It was at a restaurant with my grandparents and some friends of theirs and they were all talking about friends of theirs who died well, this must have gone on for at least half an hour. That was awkward, but it gets creepier each year as only three of those people are still alive. And on that note, good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! If you die, donate your skeleton to me, so I can take it to Christmas parties and dress it up in tinsel.

Actually, scratch that. It would be no fun if it was just me and your skeleton. I can't be expected to make all sorts of humorous and witty comments and scenes by myself after all--I know I'm clever, but I'm not THAT clever!

No, no, you'll just have to go on living so's I still have a foil for comedic moments at parties and the like.

And if I've learned anything from Scooby Doo, if a monster suddenly appears behind you bent on killing you, simply don drag or some other appropriate costume, along with a matching outrageous accent, preferiably French. No only does this confuse the monster, thereby give you a chance to escape, but the thought of you in drag makes me giggle in a way most evil, and brightens my day in the process.

All in all, a win-win for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Dude, Ian, keep in touch at some point. I don't know that I'll have that many exciting stories from Harvard- my life is basically class, gym, eating, library but I would love to know what you're up to...if you can squeeze me in. I hope that you're doing really well.